Chairman of the Board of Directors
Ognian Donev graduated from the German high school in Sofia. He studied in Hamburg and Vienna. He graduated in International Economic Relations at the Higher Institute of Economics in Sofia. In 1986 he received his PhD in economics in Berlin. Ognian Donev, PhD has been the Executive Director of Sopharma Trading AD since September 2021.
He is also:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sopharma AD
- Member of the CEIBG Advisory Committee
- Member of the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Member of the National Commission for Corporate Governance
- Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce for Bulgaria
- Member of the Board of BGPharmA - Bulgarian Generic Pharmaceutical Association
- Member of the Management Board of BCCI
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Medical University of Sofia
- Vice President of the Vienna Economic Forum
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria (AmCham)
- Member of the Control Council of the Bulgarian network of the UN Global Compact
- Winner of the "Burov" prize for industrial management and the “Mr. Economy” prize
- Participates in the management or control bodies of a number of companies
He speaks German, English, Russian and Italian.
He is married and has two sons.
Ventsislav is a professional with more than 15 years of experience in the healthcare sector. He has been part of the Sopharma Trading team since the very beginning of the company, having held various management positions including Deputy Executive Officer, Executive Director Wholesale, Financial Director, Chief Strategy Execution Officer, and others. He knows the business, processes, and operations of the company in detail, and he is also responsible for the development and implementation of Sopharma Trading’s strategy. In 2019 he took on the role of Executive Director of the second largest chain of pharmacies in Bulgaria, managing the brands SCS, Sanita and Seiba, which was subsequently acquired by Sopharma Trading. Ventsislav has deep knowledge in finance, operations, mergers and acquisitions, business process management and more.
Member of the Board
Angel Yordanov was born in Sofia. He completed his primary and secondary education in Russian language schools in Belgrade and Sofia. In 1982 he graduated from the Bruno Leuschner Institute of Economics in Berlin with a degree in Planning and National Economy. His professional experience includes various positions, including sales manager, customer relations manager and others.
He speaks German, English, Russian and Serbian.