Chairman of the Board
Ognyan Donev graduated from the German high school in Sofia. He studied in Hamburg and Vienna. He graduated in International Economic Relations at the Higher Institute of Economics in Sofia. In 1986 he received his PhD in economics in Berlin. Ognyan Donev, PhD has been the Executive Director of Sopharma AD since October 2000.
He is also:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sopharma AD
- Member of the CEIBG Advisory Committee
- Member of the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Member of the National Commission for Corporate Governance
- Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce for Bulgaria
- Member of the Board of BGPharmA - Bulgarian Generic Pharmaceutical Association
- Member of the Management Board of BCCI
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Medical University of Sofia
- Vice President of the Vienna Economic Forum
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria (AmCham)
- Member of the Control Council of the Bulgarian network of the UN Global Compact
- Winner of the "Burov" prize for industrial management and the “Mr. Economy” prize
- Participates in the management or control bodies of a number of companies
He speaks German, English, Russian and Italian.
He is married and has two sons.
Dimitar Dimitrov has been the head of Sopharma Trading since the very establishment of the company in 2006. Under his management Sopharma Trading has become the leading company in the sector and has grown its financial indicators for 15 consecutive years.
In 2010 Dimitar was among the founders of the Bulgarian Association of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (BATEL) and until 2016 he was Chairman of the Association. In 2014 he was re-elected Vice-Chairman of the Confederation of Employers and Industrialists in Bulgaria, and has been Chairman of the Health Committee of the Confederation since its inception. In 2015 and 2016 he was also co-chair of the AmCham Health Committee. He is the winner of the grand prize "Mr. Economy" for 2017 of the Economy magazine.
Member of the Board
Angel Yordanov was born in Sofia. He completed his primary and secondary education in Russian language schools in Belgrade and Sofia. In 1982 he graduated from the Bruno Leuschner Institute of Economics in Berlin with a degree in Planning and National Economy. His professional experience includes various positions, including sales manager, customer relations manager and others.
He speaks German, English, Russian and Serbian.